Jesus: How To Pray
Prayer is the joining together of energies
for the healing of one or more beings.
I woke up before five this morning hearing Jesus talking to me about how to pray. I thought, "Yeah, right, good, can we do this later?"
Ann: OK, Jesus, here you go.
Jesus: (Smiling) And there you sit like an annoyed child that I have gotten out of her warm bed to write down our conversation.
Ann: Sorry, I am kind of crabby.
Jesus: It’s part of your charm – and nevertheless, here you are. And glad I am that you disturbed yourself for what is really an important discussion.
Ann: Yes. I don’t understand about praying. It seems incredibly presumptuous for me to tell you or Spirit or some archangel or another how to help myself or someone else.
Jesus: And here is where you have missed the point. Prayer is not only supplication or direction - though it has some elements of both.
Healing, I might add is also misunderstood. Healing does not always mean that the beneficiary “gets well” in the conventional physical, or even emotional, sense, though that can happen. Healing is when body and soul and Spirit have combined to create an understanding of why we are here and what we have to offer. Healing is the strengthening of the physical and spiritual connection, matter and non-matter joined in an expanding and productive whole.
So when we pray, we ask for this healing. There are many ways to do this.
I would like to offer you a method of prayer that I have found effective over the many eons of my existence with the understanding that it is only one of many.
1. First, open yourself to the healing light that is offered you at every moment of every day. This light comes to you through your heart center. Inhale its light and power and feel it expand. Exhale all other energies. Continue until you feel settled in your core.
2. Then offer your hands to the celestial energies, myself or your own guides or angels, and let our hands connect.
3. Feel the energy, the circuit running through our circle. Settle to it. Then expand the circle to encompass all that you pray for. It is not necessary that our hands be joined as indeed they will not be as the circle expands. Nevertheless, the energy will not dissipate and may gain in power.
4. Then offer your prayer for healing always leaving the how and when to your higher power.
5. Feel the pulse of the sacred circle that we have created. Feel the rhythm change and develop as it will. Give yourself to the healing energy on behalf of yourself or those for whom you ask intercession. Do not be surprised if you feel actual pulsing energy vibrate from your palms, your arms, or even your entire body.
6. When it begins to subside, give thanks and close the sacred circle.
A request for healing is always answered, and in the process you yourself have received as much as you have offered to others.
And yes, you as well as Spirit have offered healing. It is the connection, the joining of your energy with that of the expanding cosmos that allows the circuit to be completed and healing to take place.
We are each healers in our own right. It simply remains for us to claim our own power.
October 6, 2021
Free Image Credit: Activedia, Pixabay.
All blog entries are works of the imagination and are for spiritual and entertainment purposes only.